Tuesday, December 15, 2009

And the winner of the puppy biscuits is....


Not Fenway... I took this pic a few days ago. She isn't sad about wearing the hat.. she sad because she was out her home made biscuits. This was when she was a good girl.... Today, she was a bad girl....

I set the eggs & butter on the counter to get to room temperature for today's recipe.. and.. she ate the 2 sticks of butter.  Good times in the Hagg household  ;)

I was only mad for a minute..ok, maybe longer. She has been forgiven & I just gave her a biscuit ( ... so it took me all day) Lucky for her I had another cup of butter in the fridge so that I could still make today's cookie...

Double Chocolate Chunk cookies!

2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 sticks butter, softened (far enough on counter so that your special loved ones can't get to them)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups chocolate chunks ( chips would work as well...)


Ignore my apple in the bowl in the background..

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, cream butter & sugars together; add eggs, 1 at a time allowing each to fully incorporate. Add vanilla & cocoa powder.

In a large bowl, add flour, salt & baking soda. using a whisk, whisk together.

Ad flour mixture to butter mixture in 3 parts. Stir in chocolate chunks.

Drop by tablespoons ( I use a cookie scoop) onto parchment- lined cookies sheet. Bake 10-13 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.



This is a very tasty recipe.. Alison usually makes these for us, but since she was at school getting her learning on, I made them today ;) Very fudgy... I'll bet that you could just spread the dough in a 9 x13 inch pan ( greased)  and bake like brownies....

ok.. so the winner of the biscuits is





*insert picture of winning pup here*




Morgan!!!! ( Breezy's pup!!)... I'll be shipping out the biscuits tomorrow!  Congratulations!

I made a fresh batch last night,, this time I didn't puree the carrots & peas mixture, just kind of rough chopped. I think that they look better. Fenway seems to like them. Much better than raw butter.



oxoxox
michelle

p.s. tomorrow I have a special guest for the 'classic' Christmas cookie!!!

And Jason & Amanda are still on the road ... good thoughts are always welcomed :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay Morgan is the big cookie weiner! She says thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok now I have tomorrow nights cookie recipe yay! My co workers love you lol

    ReplyDelete