Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday cookies part duex...

Todays' 'real cookie'  (sorry Scott) is actually a bar cookie.. and very, very easy.. a special Thank-you to my friend, Erika, who shared this recipe with me. *smooch* ..... this is Perfect for whipping up after a day of shopping, watching your favorite football team get their butts whipped or just put up the icicle lights that your wife has been jonesing for.....





AND.. they have  a remarkable resemblance to the ever famous ~peanut butter cup ;)


Ingredients...


2 cup graham cracker crumbs 
2 cup powdered sugar
2 sticks butter, melted
1 cup peanut butter
1 package of chocolate chips. ( I had many 1/2 bags of chips and Hershey's kisses... so I used what I had.. I need to go shopping... hey, it's chocolate & it melts.. I don't think that  I'll get complaints..





Mix graham cracker crumbs. powdered sugar, peanut butter & melted butter. Press firmly into a 9x13 inch pan. Pour melted chocolate over peanut butter mixture then allow to cool so that chocolate will set up ( this is where living in a cold climate simply rocks!!  my front porch is my friend *grin*)




Then cut into squares.... I obviously started to cut when I remembered to take a picture.. and a corner of chocolate :)

These babies are easy, awesome and all -around just fabulous......they strongly resemble a recipe that my friend, Cheryl makes every year, peanut butter balls... I need to dig out her recipe to compare.. My son, Ryan waits all year long for her cookies !!

oh, and so sorry, Cecelia, but I think that you need to go get more peanut butter........

oxoxo
michelle


♬♬♬♬♬♬ I'm up to date on my blog ♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

1 comment:

  1. they look delicous and a lot easier than the peanut butter balls too

    ReplyDelete