Saturday, December 19, 2009

my attempt at a classic Italian cookie....

I have been very fortunate throughout the years to have had close Italian friends who every year * smile* gave me as a gift... the classic Italian cookie... Pizzelles!!!!!


I have wanted to make these on my own for awhile.... but did not have a pizzelle maker. At the end of last year, my friend, Cheryl, lent me hers;.... I finally got around to trying to make them today.. it was interesting...


I used this recipe Italian Pizzelles




yes... to attempt this recipe you need a pizzelle maker...

I was so excited to make this! the dough came together quite well.  Then, I heated up the pizzelle iron... and attempted to make these...


so I tried again....

I  *almost* gave up..... but  I kept on trying... as my meme  ( who passed away 19 years  go today.. *miss you meme..oxxo* ) would have told me ... try, try  again...


ok...

from this WHOLE recipe... I have 7  cookies.. and I am so proud of them!! what I think is even cooler... I took a few of them & rolled them while they were warm & made home made ice-cram cones!!!!


the taste of these is amazing... and when *yeah, right* I get some free time.. I will play with the recipe a bit more.... I am French & Polish by descendant. but I have always wanted to make these cookies!!

Tomorrow is my annual  'cookie exchange'  we have, however a possible blizzard in the works... to exchange or not to exchange? that is the question....

xoxoxo

michelle

2 comments:

  1. i was wondering where my pizzelle maker went. no just kidding but i did get a good chuckle out of your first "pizzelles". once you get a good recipe let me know..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Thank you for sharing the trying pics. LOL

    ReplyDelete