Friday, December 4, 2009

December 4th??

Yes, I realize that today is the 4th ~ I have just started the blog, but that doesn't mean that I haven't started the cookies!!!!

A few years ago, I had made a lemon cookie for a cookie exchange that I hosted (I'm all about the cookies ;)... Many of my friends commented on them.

The following year, I had another party, and I made Florentines (yum!).... Well everyone was asking where were the lemon cookies? The problem was, I couldn't remember what recipe that I had used!!

I promised that I would figure that out before this years' cookie party. I had many recipes lined up to try, but guess what?? I got it on the first try!!!

This one's for you Kara *smootch*

Giada's Lemon Ricotta Cookies

I made a batch & had many  who sampled, and everyone agreed that this IS the recipe!!.. I ran out of confectioners' sugar, so this batch doesn't have glaze...... hang tight, the next batch will!





The other recipe that I made was a  Savory Biscotti recipe, also by Giada..  ( youwill see her name come up a lot)

This was a very simple recipe and very , very tasty. You can't really think of it as a cookie... think of it as an awesome cracker, or soup accompaniment......
I am not too sure about how they freezer, so I have a few in the freezer no to see if they will still tatse as good when thawed..... again





( I'm trying to catch up!!)

1 comment: