Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Guess who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.......


                                                                       FARKLE!!!!!!




He is SOOO busted!!!!!

So what is today's awesome cookie?????   It's for our canine friends!!!! Homemade Dog biscuits!!!!!!!

*hop* *skip* *hop*

So here is my special pup, Fenway



yeah, not too spoiled, eh?



and of course, my grandpuppies, Bruin...  ( he snuck in the cabinet when I was cooking  at my oldest's son's house)

and Kalli!!

Here is he recipe for "Over the Rainbow Treats'
by Mary MacPherson

1 cup canned mixed peas & carrots, drained
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup powdered skim milk
1 tsp garlic powder
6 TBSP vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup ice water

optional~ bone shaped- cookie cutter




In a blender or food processor, puree carrots & peas and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, powdered skim milk and garlic powder. Make a well in the center of the mixture and gradually stir in the pureed vegetables, oil, beaten egg and ice water until well- blended.

Divide into 2 balls and individually knead each one on a floured board for about 2 minutes.

With a rolling pin, roll dough to between a 1/4" to 1/2" thickness. Using bone shaped (or other) cookie cutter cut cookies & place on a foiled lined baking sheet. ( if you want to create a hole for hanging, use a straw... before baking)

Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove form oven & carefully turn each biscuit over. Return to oven and bake for 25 minutes.




Cool on a rack and store at room temp in a container with a loose -fitting lid.

I hung a few on the tree



But poor Fenway went into a downstay that I'm sure would've lasted until Christmas..




I pulled them down & let her have one. As my # 1 taste-tester.. she approves.

So......  my giveaway??  If you leave a comment here or on facebook, I will have  Ryan randomly draw a name from the comments and I will send your pup a dozen home made biscuits in time for Christmas.

I will have him draw a name on hmmm.......... how about The 15th.... that will give me time to ship ... and maybe a little something for your pup's master :)

oxoxo
~michelle



8 comments:

  1. Very cute cookie today Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. does Fenway know how to climb trees or will he knock the tree down to find the remaining biscuits? i am enjoying this cookie blog.. maybe i will try the biscuits for my sisters dog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky would love those cookies =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im not entering the contest lol but I wanted to let you know how awesome you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although your Uncle John and I are definitely cat people, a fact he will try to deny :-), my sister has 4 dogs who would love these "cookies".
    Love your blog!!! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look absolutely, um, delicious!

    ReplyDelete