Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Today's cookie was made by a special guest.....


My daughter-in-law, Amanda!!




She made Peanut brittle... something that I have actually never even had before....

she used this recipe





and, yes, she shelled all of the peanuts herself. It would have taken a whole lot less time if we weren't eating them as fast as she was shelling them.....




It was her first time using a candy thermometer.... She did a great job!!!





and because of our recent blizzard...





it took the brittle seconds to set up...





it really was quite easy to make... as long as you keep an eye on the temperature of the mixture....
Why have I never had this before? I have no clue... it was so tasty that it is going to be on my Christmas cookie list for years to come.



oxoxo

michelle & Amanda!

No comments:

Post a Comment